Paperman

Thursday, February 14, 2013 | |

For those who haven't seen this short film yet, this is a recent animation by the Walt Disney Co. It's quite lovely. It centers around a man striving to get a second chance with a woman. With a graceful mix of fluid lines, light noir, and fantasy, the energy of the film brings delight to the heart. Watch it, and you'll see.

I love films like these, films that cherish good story-telling. Good stories stir hearts and incite empathy. And empathy is the cure for the cynics and the antidote for the wounded. Watching the film again, I had a curious thought. Every love comes with a sense of fate. Yet, it's also a choice. How so?

Strange.

It just happens today's Valentine's day. My phone says it's a holiday back in Canada. But, I'm sure my phone is misinformed because I remember having a midterm on Valentine's day few years back. So much for a "smartphone".

Have a radiant, amorous Valentine's day.

0 comments: