Stray Cats

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 | |

I've become accustomed to feeding stray cats near my place. These two are the regulars I feed. There is one more cat and a dog that come by time to time. But they don't befriend me at all. So, these two are the only ones I feed. And I guess they are the closest thing I've had as a pet because I've never had a pet. Well, technically I did. I owned few hamsters, turtles, a pair of birds at one point, and fish. I also had an ant colony in my desk drawer that gathered around the crab claw I souvenired from the previous night's dinner. That was grade 2, and my mom cleaned it up. I was unwilling to clean it, because I thought it was cool. Anyways, point made, I did have pets. But none of them were large enough to pet, which is my definition of a pet. If you can pet it it's a pet. I sometimes wish I did or could, but given my current living arrangements I can't accomodate one. My brother and I have always liked the idea of having a dog, but sadly that never happened. Reasons being allergy, lots of moving around, disapproving parents, and so on.

The black one is addicted to tuna. It does eat cat food if it's really hungry but rarely. It's also much less timid than the orange cat. The black one will eat food out of my hands whereas the orange one will only eat if I'm at least 3 feet away. Having said that, recently the black one's begun to claw my hands whenever I hold food out for him. It has sharp claws so when it claws, I'd drop the food and it'd just eat the food off the ground. Cunning little prick, but I like the emerald eyes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your definition of a pet