In Dreams Begin Responsibilites

Monday, December 19, 2011 | |

You were crying in your sleep. It was all but a dream yet the pain lingered. Then you realized it wasn't a dream, but a memory. Wonders unseen and gone. You wondered why you still felt the pain. It's because you have not yet faced it truthfully. Don't try to erase it because it's impossible to do so. Memories are the most secret diaries we carry in ourselves, however bitter or sweet they may be. Good or bad. They cannot be undone, just as you cannot be undone. Therefore, I must ask you to do the hardest thing. Accept them, and you'll find yourself again.

Connecting terminal. An old crow speaks.

When I was younger, I was wiser. There was a time when I understood words like purity, tranquility, and decency. But with age comes regrets and reality. Oh, the realities! They are the fiercest enemy you can find. When I was young, I believed if I could fly higher I'd be able to do much more. They agreed. I believed in a cause and they thought it was noble. I believed love was all I needed, and they guided me through their plans. They said it was just as necessary if my belief were to come to life. But rubbles! Why did I listen to them? Stranger, if my words can reach you then listen. Do not be blinded by reality as I have been. Love is all you need. It is unparalleled; it is one and the only one of its kind and does not compare. Plans, actions, happiness, money, and food are all necessarily important. But in light of love, they're secondary. When you find love, it'll do you good as laying a foundation which you can build yourself. That is, a foundation on which you can build plans, happiness, food, and shelter. But without love, we are hopelessly lost. Without it, we are weak. Without it, we're even more limited. Family, lovers, and friends share and carry each others' burdens. Love is the link that binds them together. Do not be mild about it as I was. Cherish it. They'll become your strength. And remember, we cannot take just what is good in our eyes, accept the good only, and reject the rest. Love is not partial. Remember that, stranger. Etch it inside of you. It'll help you in times of need. And lest you feel ashamed about your imperfections, don't be. Do not try to be perfect. It is as absurd as trying to create the perfect snow flake.

I've seen countless snow flakes, each one of them beautiful.

0 comments: