Midnight Blues

Monday, December 7, 2009 | |


This is a picture of one of the udons I made. I prefer to have udons in cold, winter midnights with a comfort blanket. And watching anime. Well, anime's the traditional way to do it, but I mix it up a bit now and then. Classical music's cool, too. Nowadays I enjoy listening to Liszt's heavily melancholic pieces, sometimes sounding as if the devil wrote the pieces himself but with poignant sense of beauty, pure essence, and fantasy.

Ah, everytime I listen to classical music I get the urge to pick-up my violin again. And I should. I would like to play few concertos before I die. Too ambitious? Maybe I'll buyout an orchestra just so I can play few pieces with them. Or bribe them. Ha-ha.

Elgar, Brahms, Dvorak, Schumann, Rachmaninov. I like.

Sometimes I like to just lie down after a meal and picture a wine in my hand (because I don't want to really drink and get drunk 7 in the evening), and wave with my other hand as if I'm the conductor and the invisible baton's really just a paintbrush, but for painting sound.

Mmm, I remember when I was still a kid I used to trace the raindrops on the car windows as if I were moving the water with my fingertips. And I would occasionally leave a mark or a signature of some kind after I blew steam onto the window, as all kids do.

Mmm, I must finish this essay before the midnight dawns on me. Schizophrenia as a topic anyone?

4 comments:

deulhee said...

5 comments from deulhee :)

1. where were you on sunday, mister?
2. mmmmm udon *drools*
3. i didnt know you played violin!
4. you should download a concerto accompaniment. i used to blare the accompaniment while playing one - it was quite thrilling
5. liszt is gorgeous but rachmaninov i find too heavy. i'm personally a schubert fan

ps. good luck on the essay!

Jeymee said...

Winter udon! mmm

Issac Rhim said...

@deulhee
1. at church, in spirit.
2. hopefully you're not drooling on MY udon
3. yea i played violin. got pretty far.. it's the main reason how i picked up the guitar really fast.
4. i want the audience! the stage! the hall!
5. schubert eh? i've only heard his piano pieces, i think they were sonatas. fairly colorful. i prefer deep and fuller sounds =). it happens that lot of my favorite composers are romantics. but yes, liszt has amazing compositions. he manipulates scales and progressions as if they were nothing..

@jeymee
haha, i still remember the 돈까스

chrisungeun said...

yo, we should play duets! :)